This is an exciting year for Ashleigh as we look forward to becoming a Primary School in September 2015.
The staffs are already working hard planning for a rigorous, well-resourced Key Stage 2 curriculum to ensure our year 2s have an inspiring and challenging start to the next stage of their school journey.
Plans for the new building are underway. You will be kept informed as and when there are developments.
We look forward to welcoming our new headteacher Mr Sam Nixon after Christmas. As an experienced and successful primary school headteacher he is well placed to lead us through the changes the next few years will bring and ensure Ashleigh will continue to be a highly successful school and one to be proud of. Read Letter from Sam Nixon to Parents
There are lots of important decisions to be made. Children and parents will be actively involved in this process.
Weekly Updates and Diary
- Planning Meeting: Annie Catlin, Norwich Property Services personnel, an architect, and Norfolk County Council Personnel to discuss the initial stages of the forthcoming building project.
- A topographical survey and structural survey will take place within the next couple of weeks and there will be a design team meeting amongst county hall personnel next week.
- Sam Nixon to attend the Reception Open Day and speak to parents about his shared vision of extending the Ashleigh ethos through to Primary: Continue to achieve well above National Expectations. High expectations of behaviour, learning behaviour, attainment and progress with children at the centre of Ashleigh ethos. Mutual respect and regard amongst adults and children alike within a welcoming environment that values parents, carers, staff and children. ‘We are all stars, Ashleigh makes us shine’.
- Mr Sam Nixon to send letter to parents outlining plans for forums and consultation meetings at the beginning of the January term
- Following a period of trialling 12 i pads in school and establishing a positive impact on learning, another 18 i pads purchased to ensure there are enough for all children to use as a class group.
- Further external and internal surveys by the land survey team
- Structural engineer visit
- Initial Design Options Meeting with Annie Catlin, NPS and architect
- Planning Meeting: Mr Sam Nixon and Mrs Annie Catlin
- Planning Meeting: Mr Sam Nixon. Mrs Annie Catlin and members of the Norfolk Property Services who will be overseeing the new building works
- Transition Meeting for Parents with Sam Nixon: 8th January 2.30pm and 6.00pm.
Updates to follow…